…Services and Programs at Cedars CanSupport
No matter where you are in your treatment process, Cedars CanSupport has something for everyone.
We offer a wide range of programs and services to try and meet the needs of each individual.
Our team of trained professionals and volunteers are committed to providing services that are relevant, timely and of the best quality.
- Humanitarian Fund: to support those in financial need
(Parking, home care, medication expenses etc…)
- Free wigs, hats, turbans.
- Chemo bags, and lymphedema sleeves
- Parking vignettes for priority parking
- Access to (and reduced fees for) parking passes
- Hospitality Service on the ODC clinics
- Tea Time provided on in-patient wards
- DVDs and players
- Music CDs and players
- Pamphlets and brochures
- Lending library
- Public lectures (4-5 / year)
- Look Good Feel Better program
- Brain Fog program
- New Patient Orientations
- Patient navigation (questions, referrals, survivorship information)
- Coping Skills (for patients and caregivers offered separately)
- Young Adult
- Art Therapy for women with Breast Cancer
(Available for in-patient / out-patient / caregivers / staff)
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Drama Therapy
- Relaxation / Meditation
- Yoga ( bedside, and off-site)
- Exercise (Gentle Aerobics and Muscle Toning classes)
ADOLESCENT AND YOUNG ADULT PROGRAMS
- Support Groups
- Annual Weekend Retreat (Sleep-away camp in the Laurentians).
- Workshops (special topics: Nutrition, Sex, Finances, Self-Care etc….)
- Social Activities: BBQs, Movie nights, Ski Trip, Hikes etc…..