Sign Up Now
I WANT TO VOLUNTEER
Cedars CanSupport is proud to say that over 200 volunteers regularly provide much needed support to our cancer patients and their families. We offer a wide variety of satisfying volunteer opportunities.
Our CanSupport volunteers
- Greet patients and their family members in our oncology clinics
- Serve coffee and refreshments in the oncology waiting rooms
- Provide patients and/or caregivers with emotional as well as practical support in the clinics
- Help the nurses and staff by bringing patients in to their treatment area
- Visit oncology inpatients in their rooms on the different wards
- Offer help at our resource centers which are adjacent to the chemotherapy treatment areas
- Help maintain our library of books and information pamphlets
- Offer special programs such as “Tea @ 2″ & “Movie Night” in the family room of our oncology ward, for patients and caregivers to enjoy some good times outside their hospital rooms.
All volunteers must:
- be 18 years of age and older
- be willing to commit for a period of six consecutive months, as a minimum
- be able to commit to coming in once a week
- be one-year-post-treatment, minimum, if they are cancer survivors
- register first with the MUHC Volunteer Department and will be asked to take an Orientation course
- follow a CanSupport training with the Volunteer Coordinator as well as shadow an experienced volunteer until they feel comfortable to fulfill their role on their own.
Our volunteers are greatly appreciated and recognized for their service at 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20 years of service (we are 24 years old!)
Cedars CanSupport honors our volunteers with a dinner at aMontrealrestaurant each April during National Volunteer Week. In addition, each December we hold a holiday party for the benefit of our volunteers, staff and personnel of the MUHC Cancer Care Mission.
TO APPLY & FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact one of the following staff members:Joseph D’Addario Volunteer coordinator Cedars Cancer Centre, D RC. 1305 514.934.1934 ext: 42314 joseph.d’email@example.com Andrea Connors Bereavement services and volunteer coordinator Glen site, MUHC Palliative Care Unit, D 9.4238.1 514.934.1934 ext: 43810 firstname.lastname@example.org